- Dr Ashish Nagpal MBBS, DO, DNB, FRCS( Glasgow, UK)
Cornea & Refractive Surgery
Corneal Transplants ,Cornea and External Diseases,Keratoconus ,Dry Eyes, Ocular Trauma (Eye Injuries), Refractive Surgery ( LASIK ) Promoting Eye Donation and Eye Banking.
- Clinical Experience and Qualifications
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons in Ophthalmology ( FRCS), Glasgow, UK
- Clinical Assistant, CorneoPlastic Unit, Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Trust, East Grinstead, UK
- Clinical Observership, Centre For Sight, Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, UK
- Clinical Observer, Cornea & External Disease, Moorfield’s Eye Hospital, London, UK
- Fellowship In Cornea & Anterior Segment (ST) L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India
- Diplomate Of National Board (DNB) in Ophthalmology , New Delhi, India
- Diploma In Ophthalmic Medicine and Surgery( DOMS), CSM University Of Kanpur, India
- M B.B.S , University Of Pune, India
- Current Attachments
- Cornea Cataract and Refractive Surgery Services,
- Retina Foundation & Eye Research Centre,
- Near The Underbridge, Shahibaug,
- Ahmedabad- 380004 , Gujarat, India
- Brief Profile :
Dr Ashish Nagpal FRCS has been in ophthalmic field for the last 9 years. He has done his undergraduate training from the reputedand followed by further postgraduate training from and was awarded the Diplomate of National Board in Ophthalmology by the National Board Of Examinations, New Delhi
Following which he went on to be a Clinical Assistant with pioneering and dynamic Corneal, Refractive surgeon Mr Sheraz Daya , Director, t , . Here he got an opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and learn about advanced corneal and refractive surgery at .
Dr Nagpal also got the opportunity to be a Clinical Observer with Mr Bruce Allan, Senior Consultant and Mr John Dart, Senior Consultant, & Director of Research at Cornea and Refractive Surgery Services at the which is the oldest and largest specialist eye hospital in the world.
Professional affiliations of Dr. Nagpal include: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) , Asia Cornea Society, European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS), International Society Of Refractive Surgery (ISRS), All India Ophthalmological Society.
Dr.Nagpal’s area of interest is Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Corneal Transplant Surgery, Lamellar Corneal Transplants, apart from state of the art Cataract and Phacoemulsification surgery. He has to his credit more than 4000 surgeries.
Many years of experience at Retina Foundation & Eye Research Center, Ahmedabad, India, a tertiary referral centre for eye problems has further made him adapt at handling complicated cases of corneal surgery and trauma and also various complicated cases of refractive surgery.
Since 2006, he has developed special expertise in lamellar corneal transplants like Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSEK/DSAEK) and Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty ( DALK) and regularly holds workshops and instruction courses to teach other corneal surgeons this specialised surgical technique.
Dr Ashish Nagpal is a firm believer in progress through Clinical Research and has presented his work at International and National Conferences. He regularly enriches his experience by visiting several centers in U.S.A and Europe.
In India, Dr Nagpal has been invited to many prestigious meetings/ workshops , like the All Indian Ophthalmologic Society Conference , Delhi Ophthalmological Society, Gujarat Ophthalmological Society, IIRSI, Indian Implant and Refractive Surgery Society, Baroda Ophthalmological Society , Rajasthan Ophthalmologic Society etc to share and teach various aspects of corneal and refractive surgery .
Dr Nagpal is also keenly involved with the Blind People’s Association and local NGO’s like Manav Sadhna, AsoPalov Eye Bank and is an active member of the Eye Bank Association of India, to help bring the latest technology and services to the underprivileged.
Dr Ashish Nagpal with Prof H Kaufmann , and Prof Verner at the World Trade Centre , New Orleans , November 2007
Dr Ashish Nagpal with Dr Francis Price, "Innovator and Teacher of Endothelial Keratolasty" at the Asia Corneal Society Meeting at Singapore 2008
Powered by :